The Big Picture

Financial Planning
Take any hundred people at the start of their working careers and follow them for 40 years until they reach retirement age, and here's what you'll find, according to the Social Security Administration:
1 will be wealthy, 4 will be financially secure, 5 will continue to work because they need to, 36 will have already died, and 54 will be broke living off Social Security and help from family. 5% are successful while 95% are unsuccessful. Care to guess which group had financial planning?
Clients pay thousands of dollars a year to have a financial plan run for them at my investment bank, we include this benefit to you for no cost. If you would like us to put a plan together for you and your family so you can get closer to being in the 5%, shoot me a message on GroupMe saying "planning" and we will show you the simple steps to get you to your first your first million.
Broad Market Outlook
Eventually the party ends
As we can see even over the last 3 years, we have been given extremely long periods of great trading. What follows tends to be a few months of harder action. When you look at the last 1,000 days of trading, we can see quite clearly that for at least 70% of the time the market is on your side. 
Now the hard part, is being aware of this, making sure that you clean up during the 70% and making sure to not give back much during the other 30%. 
Given how sharp the vertical move higher has been recently, we have to be well aware that a pull back is in the cards. Even a 10% pull back which is completely normally would be a drop back to 300. 
We saw last week and really just end of Friday, the overall quietness in the chat and lack of PnL posts. Let's continue to focus on the best charts, while also be willingly to start lifting our foot off the gas pedal. That does not meaning selling everything and stocking up on Campbell's soup and ammo. It might be the time to lighten up on the cash being outlaid per trade and focusing on getting your risk as close to break even as soon as possible. 
           From Ben G




Macro Rotation Outlook

Dow Jones
Keep upping those stops. 
Once you start to hear your friends saying they want to buy the SPY off the support, the fix is in. 
New highs are met with new highs until they don't, for now a stop vs 9,000 seems to be the move. 
MDY Mid Cap Stocks
As we will see with another sector below, we can see sectors, stocks and major markets retest highs and even push a bit further to run stops, however more often then not, the up move is over for the short term. 
IWM Small Caps
Small caps are still playing catch up to try and tag that retest of the prior high. 
If you have a friend that can benefit from what you have learned from Trading Experts, shoot me there contact info and we will see if we can help!
Sector Rotation
Sensitive -  sectors that have moderate correlations to overall market conditions. 
VGT Tech
Time to start looking for the exit. 
VDE Energy
Will be keeping an eye out for the next add up off support.  
VIS Industrial
Looks as if the mickey flag at highs is failing.
VOX Telecom
As much as we wanted to hold for the $104 retest, had to take a bit off the table, rather miss a few then give back alot. 
Cyclical - sectors that are more sensitive overall market conditions.
VAW Materials
Materials like the Small Caps are not really in the game in this market rally, just lagging really far behind. 
VCR Consumer Discretionary
Was time to take a bit more off the table after it looked as the overall move was starting to roll over. 
VFH Financials
Looks like the mickey flag that was forming at new highs will be shaking some stops out very soon. 
As we saw with the Mid Caps, the retest could push a bit to run some stops, however for the most part, we tend to see moves end near the retest for some time. Did great buying up off support and selling into the new high. 
Defensive- sectors that tend to outperforming during sub par market conditions.

VDC Consumer Staples
Staples are still stair stepping higher, currently giving us a clear out below 158.
VHT Healthcare
Took some gains in the healthcare sector after the stair step move higher for the past 3 months. 
IBB Bio Tech
Seems a shakeout of this 116 level is in the cards before we see a move higher.
VPU Utilities
Bit of a red flag as the utilities are breaking out day after day with the market at highs. 
The New Big Picture Set Up



This MDLZ is as A- as one can find in this market, flagging at all time highs back at this $56 for the 3rd major time. 

Target $70

Entry $56

Stop $53







Leave a comment